Beinn An Tuirc Wind Farm
Raelec were engaged to carry out the detailed electrical design for Beinn an Tuirc Wind Farm, near Carradale, Argyll.
Raelec's client was SSE Contracting, whose ulimate client was Scottish Power Renewables.
The project consisted of 19 x 2.3MW Siemens wind turbines. Raelec were responsible for the following elements of the detailed design of:
- 33kV Switchgear and associated protection and control (Schneider WS 8-section, 33kV switchboard),
- 33kV, Fibre Optic and earting cables between wind turbines,
- Package substations (consisting of 33kV switchgear, 33kV/690V transformers and LV switchgear, including P28 compliance scheme)
- Grid Code Compliance package (8MVA AMSC Statcom, capacitor and reactor)
- Control Building fit-out
- HV Scada system
- Coordination of systems studies, including fault level, load flow, voltage control, reactive capability, harmonics (G5/4), Earthing and Lighning Protection.
This is one of many of the wind farms that Raelec have designed. Please contact us if you have a requirement for wind farm electrical design.